Sunday, March 27, 2016

DAY 87 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE

Christmas Eve 2015

Today is Day 87

Weight goal - 136.8 or lower
Actual weight - 137.4

Blood glucose goal - 76 or lower
Actual blood glucose - 78

Today is a Special Feast Day!



For me, that means a ketogenic diet - high fat, moderate protein and very low carb.  Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my charts and post them here on the big blog. I'm posting every day to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.


 He is risen, indeed!  Happy Easter to my Christian readers.
I hope you have a blessed day with your family and friends. 

Even though my numbers are slightly above goal this morning, it is Easter and I am eating.  I've already started off the day with poached eggs and freshly made Hollandaise sauce.  Yum!  Not sure what we are having for lunch.  I was going to roast a chicken for dinner, but the store was out, and there was a small turkey there, so I figured what the heck.  We are having roast turkey for dinner along with some veggies with the leftover Hollandaise sauce.

It's kind of weird that I did not lose weight yesterday.  But I did some measurements, and I evidently lost some body fat, so I'm not too concerned.  More about the body fat in the Big Reveal in a few days.








Share:
Print Page
Text Size: A A A
En EspaƱol

Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Glucose)

Hypoglycemia is a condition characterized by abnormally low blood glucose (blood sugar) levels, usually less than 70 mg/dl. However, it is important to talk to your health care provider about your individual blood glucose targets, and what level is too low for you.
Hypoglycemia may also be referred to as an insulin reaction, or insulin shock.
Hypoglycemic symptoms are important clues that you have low blood glucose. Each person's reaction to hypoglycemia is different, so it's important that you learn your own signs and symptoms when your blood glucose is low.
The only sure way to know whether you are experiencing hypoglycemia is to check your blood glucose, if possible. If you are experiencing symptoms and you are unable to check your blood glucose for any reason, treat the hypoglycemia. Severe hypoglycemia has the potential to cause accidents, injuries, coma, and death.

Signs and Symptoms of Hypoglycemia (happen quickly)

  • Shakiness
  • Nervousness or anxiety
  • Sweating, chills and clamminess
  • Irritability or impatience
  • Confusion, including delirium
  • Rapid/fast heartbeat
  • Lightheadedness or dizziness
  • Hunger and nausea
  • Sleepiness
  • Blurred/impaired vision
  • Tingling or numbness in the lips or tongue
  • Headaches
  • Weakness or fatigue
  • Anger, stubbornness, or sadness
  • Lack of coordination
  • Nightmares or crying out during sleep
  • Seizures
  • Unconsciousness
- See more at: http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/hypoglycemia-low-blood.html#sthash.99Em6ldy.dpuf
86 DAYS DOWN AND 5 DAYS TO GO

54 FEAST DAYS AND 33 FAST DAYS - FASTING 38% OF THE DAYS

16.6 POUNDS GONE AND 1.4 POUNDS TO GO

92% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER 96% OF THE DAYS

7-DAY AVERAGE WEIGHT - 138

7-DAY AVERAGE FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE - 70

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The grey lines are my long term goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The orange lines are my 7-day averages. The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after. Click on any chart or photo to enlarge it.


This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment