Saturday, March 5, 2016

DAY 65 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE

January 11, 2016

Today is Day 65

Weight goal - 141.2 or lower
Actual weight - 143.2

Blood glucose goal - 82 or lower
Actual blood glucose - 85

Today is a Fast Day.



For me, that means that all I will have today is water, coffee, tea, or broth, all without caloric sweeteners or fat.  Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my chart and post it here on the big blog. I'm posting it to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.

I had such a nice time eating yesterday! I really enjoyed it, knowing that I would probably have to fast today. I've been thinking that I would rather eat every other day with gusto and without counting and/or weighing anything than eat like a bird every day and having to micro manage every bite of good that goes into my mouth.  And, sure enough, today I am fasting again, as you can see by my numbers above.

64 DAYS DOWN AND 27 DAYS TO GO

44 FEAST DAYS AND 21 FAST DAYS - FASTING 32% OF THE DAYS

10.8 POUNDS GONE AND 7.2 POUNDS TO GO

60% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER 71% OF THE DAYS

7-DAY AVERAGE WEIGHT - 142.1

7-DAY AVERAGE FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE - 80

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The yellow lines are my long term goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The grey lines are my 7-day averages. The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after.










This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment