Thursday, March 24, 2016

DAY 84 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE

January 11, 2016

Today is Day 84

Weight goal - 137.4 or lower
Actual weight - 138 - NEW LOW

Blood glucose goal - 77 or lower
Actual blood glucose - 65

Today is a Fast Day.



For me, that means that all I will have today is water, coffee, tea, or broth, all without caloric sweeteners or fat.  Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my chart and post it here on the big blog. I'm posting it to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.

I had an odd day yesterday.  I worked in the morning and felt fine, but when I sat down to take a break in the afternoon I got so sleepy that I had no choice but to lay down on the couch, cover up with a quilt, and sleep the afternoon away.  Around 4 pm, I actually drank a cup of coffee to be able to wake up.  That has not happened since I started my challenge.

I'm not sure what I will do yet when this is over next week, but I know that I am really ready for a change.  In the past seven days, I have only feasted twice.  I'm sure that that must not be the only way for me to maintain a healthy weight and FBG.  That does not seem like enough food for me to get the nutrition I need.

The thought is occurring to me that I might have to start tracking my food again, and that is not a good thought!  One of the main reasons I did this challenge was so that I would not have to weigh and measure everything and keep a spreadsheet of what I am eating.

Is is possible that I am just eating too much on my feast days?  If that is true, is there a way that I can just "eyeball" food to keep from having to track?  Maybe if I just limit my protein to 4 oz. per meal, and limit my veggies to 1/2 cup or 1 cup or whatever is reasonable, and limit my fat to whatever, I could eat three meals a day and not have to track.  Maybe then I could eat more than twice a week!  I have been fasting so much that the idea of getting to eat every other day seems like a luxury!

83 DAYS DOWN AND 8 DAYS TO GO

52 FEAST DAYS AND 32 FAST DAYS - FASTING 38% OF THE DAYS

16 POUNDS GONE AND 2 POUNDS TO GO

89% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER 92% OF THE DAYS

7-DAY AVERAGE WEIGHT - 139.5

7-DAY AVERAGE FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE - 75

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The grey lines are my long term goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The red lines are my 7-day averages. The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after. Click on any chart or photo to enlarge it.


This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment