Monday, March 7, 2016

DAY 67 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE

January 11, 2016

Today is Day 67

Weight goal - 140.8 or lower
Actual weight - 143.4

Blood glucose goal - 82 or lower
Actual blood glucose - 92

Today is a Fast Day.



For me, that means that all I will have today is water, coffee, tea, or broth, all without caloric sweeteners or fat.  Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my chart and post it here on the big blog. I'm posting it to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.

I had a full day of eating yesterday, but I guess I overate, and I ate lunch at a restaurant, and even though I chose low carb options, I gained too much weight, setting me back 8 days, and my FBG is higher than it's been in 17 days.

I am going in the wrong direction.  I am starting to see higher highs and higher lows on both weight and FBG.  If I don't want this whole challenge to fail, I'm going to have to fast more often than every other day when I don't reach my goals.  I thought I could get away with only fasting every other day, even when my numbers were over my goal, but that is not working. I will have to pay special attention to nutrition on the days I feast.

I am fasting today.  And unless I somehow manage to lose 2.8 pounds and lower my FBG by 10 points by tomorrow morning, I will be fasting tomorrow as well.

On a happier note, yesterday I started wearing my size 8 jeans again.  When this challenge started, I was wearing size 12, and could not even get the size 8 up past my thighs, much less zip and button them and feel comfortable all day! 

66 DAYS DOWN AND 25 DAYS TO GO

45 FEAST DAYS AND 22 FAST DAYS - FASTING 33% OF THE DAYS

10.6 POUNDS GONE AND 7.4 POUNDS TO GO

59% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER 74% OF THE DAYS

7-DAY AVERAGE WEIGHT - 142.1

7-DAY AVERAGE FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE - 80

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The grey lines are my long term goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The red lines are my 7-day averages. The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after.










This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh bummer : / our bodies are so complicated!! Yay on the size 8s, though!!! That's worth celebrating :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a about a new feast day rule. Nothing over 800-1200 calories?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been there. Done that. Hate it. I never want to count or weigh or measure anything for the rest of my life!

      Also, eating small amounts of food only slows down my metabolism and makes weight loss and maintenance even harder.

      Delete