Thursday, March 10, 2016

DAY 70 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE

Christmas Eve 2015

Today is Day 70

Weight goal - 140.2 or lower
Actual weight - 140 - STILL LOW

Blood glucose goal - 81 or lower
Actual blood glucose - 77

Today is a Feast Day!



For me, that means a ketogenic diet - high fat, moderate protein and very low carb.  Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my chart and post it here on the big blog. I'm posting it to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.

Two Feast Days in a row!  I don't even know how to act!  Today is my first day back at the golf course after the winter, and I got up early enough to dress, groom and check the stock market.  Imagine my surprise when I got on the scale at 5:30 am and found that I did not gain any weight yesterday after eating three full, delicious meals.  And then to check my FBG and see that it was also below my goal for the day.

I had to hurry up and fix some eggs with butter, onion, mushrooms and cream cheese, because I won't be getting home today until around 2 pm, and did not want to wait that long to eat.  It's hard eating that early in the morning!

Wouldn't it be nice if my weight and FBG stabilized enough so that I did not have to fast every other day for the rest of my life.  Hmmm...

69 DAYS DOWN AND 22 DAYS TO GO

47 FEAST DAYS AND 23 FAST DAYS - FASTING 33% OF THE DAYS

14 POUNDS GONE AND 4 POUNDS TO GO

78% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER 77% OF THE DAYS

7-DAY AVERAGE WEIGHT - 141.6

7-DAY AVERAGE FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE - 78

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The grey lines are my long term goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The red lines are my 7-day averages. The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after.


This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

1 comment: