Tuesday, March 15, 2016

DAY 75 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE

Christmas Eve 2015

Today is Day 75

Weight goal - 139.2 or lower
Actual weight - 138.6 - NEW LOW

Blood glucose goal - 80 or lower
Actual blood glucose - 76

Today is a Feast Day!



For me, that means a ketogenic diet - high fat, moderate protein and very low carb.  Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my chart and post it here on the big blog. I'm posting it to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.

I broke the Pound Barrier!  I am no longer in the 140s! The last time my weight was this low was two and a half years ago.  I am very happy this morning.  And I am going to feast like a boss!

I'm still not happy with the trend of my fasting blood glucose.  I know that it is well withing normal range, but I was hoping to make lower highs and lower lows.  At this point, I will probably have to relax my FBG requirements, because it may be possible that my body is not ready or not capable of getting as low on FBG as I would like to.  I have less than three weeks to go, so I am going to be vigilant about my weight goals, and possibly less vigilant about my FBG goals.  We'll see as these last few weeks play out.

74 DAYS DOWN AND 17 DAYS TO GO

49 FEAST DAYS AND 26 FAST DAYS - FASTING 35% OF THE DAYS

15.4 POUNDS GONE AND 2.6 POUNDS TO GO

86% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER 82% OF THE DAYS

7-DAY AVERAGE WEIGHT - 140.3

7-DAY AVERAGE FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE - 83

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The grey lines are my long term goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The red lines are my 7-day averages. The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after. Click on any chart or photo to enlarge it.


This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment