Friday, December 24, 2010
CRUSTLESS PUMPKIN PIE
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Makes a 9" deep dish pie
15 oz. pumpkin, canned, no salt added
30 drops Stevia sweetener
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1.5 cups (12 fluid oz.) heavy cream (whipping cream)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Beat eggs slightly in a medium bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients one at a time, blending well after each one.
4. Pour mixture into a 9" deep dish pie plate that has been buttered or sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 425 degrees fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees fahrenheit and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes.
7. Pie is done when a toothpick or knife inserted near center of pie comes out clean.
8. Cool on a rack, then refrigerate until cold.
9. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
This is the nutritional information for the whole pie, not including optional whipped topping:
13.9g Dietary Fiber
35.5g Net Carbohydrate, of which 22.1g come from the pumpkin
This is the nutritional information for 1/8 of the whole pie, not including optional whipped topping:
1.7g Dietary Fiber
4.5g Net Carbohydrate, of which 2.8g come from the pumpkin