Sunday, October 17, 2010

OCTOBER 17 - WEEK 83 RESULTS

Last week I decided that I was going to stop weighing every day, because my weight fluctuates so wildly from day to day, that it was causing me a lot of stress.

I also decided that I would take a couple of measurements (waist, navel and hips) every day, just to see what that was like. After one week, I stopped, because it was boring.

I have reached my goal weight (low 140s), but I am still going to weigh and measure my body once per week just to make sure I don't have "size creep" without realizing it.

This past week, I tracked my food six out of the seven days, but did not try to restrict myself to a certain amount of food. As a matter of fact, I pushed myself to eat a little more, to keep my food intake high. And on the one day I did not track, which was last Sunday, I ate out and allowed myself to have a couple of treats that were off plan. (I did not do this when I was on Induction and OWL, just so you know!) On that day, my net carbs were pretty high I'm sure, but they were an average of 22 the rest of the week.

This morning, I measured myself before weighing and was pleased to find that I have lost a total of 2-1/2" this past week. This is the most important thing, and matters infinitely more than how much I weigh!

But just for the heck of it, I weighed myself, too. I have lost 0.6 pounds in the past week.

All things considered, I think it was a good decision to stop weighing and measuring every day, now that I am not losing.  If I were still in losing mode, I would weigh every day and measure once per week, like I used to.

One week ago, my average weight for the week was 143.3.
Today, my average weight for the week is 142.7.
I lost 0.6 pounds this past week.

I tracked my food on fitday.com six days this past week,
and here are the averages of what I ate:

1852 calories
142g fat
101g protein
44g total carbs
22g fiber
22g net carbs, of which 13g were from veggies
2444g sodium

Today is my weekly measuring day.  In the past 7 days:

I lost 1/4" around my bust
I lost 1/2" around my midriff
I lost 1/2" around my waist
1 lost 1" around my navel
I lost 1/4" around my hips

To get back to my smallest size on June 13, 2010, I need to lose:

1/4" around my bicep
1/2" from my bust
1/4" from my midriff
1/2" from my waist
1/2" from my navel
1" from my hips
1/4" from my thigh

Here is what I have lost so far, since starting to lose weight in February 2009:

Neck - 13.75" to 12.5" - down 1.25"
Bicep - 11.75" to 11.25" - down 0.5"
Forearm - 9" - no change
Bust - 38.25" to 36" - down 2.25"
Midriff - 32.25" to 29.75" - down 2.5"
Waist - 31.5" to 29.25" - down 2.25"
Navel - 38.25" to 32.5" - down 5.75"
Hips - 42" to 39.25" - down 2.75"
Thigh - 24.5" to 22.25" - down 2.25"
Calf - 14.5" to 13.5" - down 1"

I would still like to replace some body fat with some muscle, so I'll see how that goes as time goes on.

4 comments:

  1. My thot is to forget about getting back to your smallest size! You are in maintenance now! I do like your blog.:}. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've been thinking about forgetting about that! Old habits are hard to break!

    Thanks for liking my blog! You should start one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been thinking on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really! I would read it every day! Then I could find out when you make your big decision!

    ReplyDelete