Thursday, May 19, 2011

GOING PALEO




 Yesterday was our first day of pure Paleo eating.  We were disappointed when we woke up this morning to find that Bill had gained 1.8 pounds and I had gained 0.6 pounds.  As much as I hated to do it, I put what we ate onto Fitday to see if there was any glaring problem.  As it turned out, we ate way too much!


Here is the breakdown from Fitday:
2113 calories
166.8g fat (71.1%)
122.4g protein
30.5g total carbs
13.2g fiber
17.3g net carbs
2687g sodium

An obvious problem is that it is WAY too much fat, although the carbs were low.  So I did my menu for today and I'm hoping that we have better results tomorrow morning.

One of the good things about eating paleo, supposedly, is that you listen to your body and eat when you are hungry, and you should not overeat and gain weight.  Animals in the wild do not count fat grams or protein grams or carb grams, and neither should we have to.  And yet, if I don't, I overeat every time.

I went into this thinking that I would not track my food, and I would either maintain my weight or lose weight without tracking.  Now, on the first day, I blew it and overate and gained weight, and Bill gained three times more than I did.  It's pretty sad and disappointing.  But, onward and downward.  I'll do what I have to do to make it work, even if it means tracking my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment