Below is a list of the things that are becoming more and more important to me. Some of these things I have started doing, some I want to do in the near future, and some I dread having to do at all, even though I think they are important!
1. Low Carb Diet
2. Getting a reverse osmosis water filter for my home
3. Eating only organic protein, produce and grains
4. Getting in shape by building muscle rather than "burning off calories" (in the traditional sense), which includes Pilates, Hatha Yoga, strength training and walking
5. Sleeping 9 to 9.5 hours per night, going to bed at a reasonable time and getting up at dawn, so that my full night's sleep is done in the dark
6. Taking a full range of vitamins and supplements
7. Using only biodegradable household cleaning products
8. Eating only fresh foods, nothing processed. No chemicals, no MSG, no preservatives, etc.
9. Living in a chemical free environment, as much as it is in my power to do so
10. Avoiding second-hand cigarette smoke
11. Using natural, bioidentical hormone replacement to bring all my hormones to optimum levels, to feel better in general, and to avoid disease in particular
12. Avoiding pharmaceutical and over-the-counter drugs unless absolutely necessary
13. Avoiding stress when possible, and practicing stress reduction techniques when stress is unavoidable
14. Detoxing my body, following my doctor's advice about how to do that
15. Creating a healthy GI tract
16. Spending less time watching TV
17. Spending more time outdoors
18. Spending more time reading and doing research on healthy lifestyles
19. Spending quality time with my husband and other family members and friends
20. Spending quality time with God.
Obviously, especially based on the last item, this list is not in order by importance! As time goes on, I will add to my list, or post things here that pertain to my list.