Sunday, February 21, 2016

DAY 52 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE

January 11, 2016

Today is Day 52

Weight goal - 143.8 or lower
Actual weight - 145.2

Blood glucose goal - 82 or lower
Actual blood glucose - 87

Today is a Fast Day.



For me, that means that all I will have today is water, coffee, tea, or broth, all without caloric sweeteners or fat.  Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my chart and post it here on the big blog. I'm posting it to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.

After a normal day of eating yesterday, I noticed near the end of the evening that I was ravenously thirsty.  I drank 24 oz of water with ReaLime and Stevia and then 18 oz of water right before bed.  I pretty much did not urinate after that.  I woke up this morning barely urinating, and my eyes are so puffy that I can see the puffs under my eyes when I look straight forward.  Also, there is no way that I can get my rings on my fingers. And you can see what happened to my weight, which is up two pounds of water in the past 24 hours.  No ideas.  I am fasting today.

51 DAYS DOWN AND  40 DAYS TO GO

37 FEAST DAYS AND 15 FAST DAYS - FASTING 29% OF THE DAYS

8.8 POUNDS GONE AND 9.2 POUNDS TO GO 

49% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER 57% OF THE DAYS

7-DAY AVERAGE WEIGHT - 144.1     7-DAY AVERAGE BLOOD GLUCOSE - 83

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The grey lines are my long term goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The orange lines are my 7-day average using a trailing stop. The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after.


This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment