Monday, February 1, 2016

DAY 32 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE

Christmas Eve 2015

Today is Day 32

Weight goal - 147.8 or lower
Actual weight - 146.6

Blood glucose goal - 89 or lower
Actual blood glucose - 86

Today is a Feast Day!



For me, that means a ketogenic diet - high fat, moderate protein and very low carb.  Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my chart and post it here on the big blog. I'm posting it to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.

Well, I pulled it off!  I went to a birthday party yesterday afternoon and did not gain weight and did not raise my blood glucose above 90!   I'm so excited!

For breakfast, I had had a small hamburger patty with butter and mayo and a cup of BPC.  When I first got to the party, I looked around at the spread and realized that I would not be eating most of it.  So I ended up with a nice serving of pulled pork with no bun (but I was nervous about the BBQ sauce) and about 5 little chunks of fruit.  I busied myself making a few new friends, and then decided to get a few more bites of pork, but saw that some pizza had just been delivered.  Jackpot!  I can eat that!  I took two small squares and ate just the toppings.

A little while later, cake was served and I took a piece to be polite, but told the friend next to me that I should not eat it.  I told her I was watching my blood sugar, and she just picked up the plate in front of me and put it out of my reach!  I thought that was so awesome!  Most of the time people will try to peer pressure you into eating sweets even if you tell them that you are diabetic.  I had already decided that I was not going to eat it, but who knows?  If it sat there much longer, I might have caved in.

When I got home last night around 6 pm, I was hungry, so I had a roasted chicken leg and part of a thigh and a little butter.  I actually started feeling a little sick to my stomach, and took some Pepto Bismol, which I was sure would raise my blood sugar.

This morning, with my weight unchanged, I nervously checked my blood glucose.  What I relief!  I did NOT want to fast today, which would have made it three times in five days!

31 DAYS DOWN AND 60 DAYS TO GO

25 FEAST DAYS AND 7 FAST DAYS - FASTING 22% OF THE DAYS

7.4 POUNDS GONE AND 10.6 POUNDS TO GO

41% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER 35% OF THE DAYS

AVERAGE WEIGHT SO FAR - 148.6     AVERAGE BLOOD GLUCOSE SO FAR - 88

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The orange lines are my goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after.



This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever used activated charcoal? I have found that to work wonderfully when my tummy is feeling off.
    That was really nice of her to move the cake. You are right - most people try to encourage you to eat the junk. I think it makes them feel better about their choices...
    Are you still having monthly cycles? maybe yesterday's 2.6 lbs and bloating is cycle related??
    Also - I thought I'd left a congratulatory comment when you hit 144, but it looks like that was all in me head ~ anyways, hearty congrats!!
    ~Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried it. I stopped having cycles a year ago or so. It is a mystery!

      Delete