- Acne - No
- Chronic mucus/stuffy nose - Yes, but improving
- Constipation and/or diarrhea - No, for the past two days, seriously approaching normal
- Fatigue - Yes, especially in the afternoon
- Food cravings - No
- Gas and bloating - No
- Headaches - No
- High blood glucose - A little bit - This morning was 90 before eating
- Inability to lose weight - Yes - Starting weight 147.8 - Current weight 146.8 - Goal weight 136 - To get back to goal, need to lose 11 more pounds. Can still button "measurement shorts" with a slight "muffin top". Gained 1.2 pounds in the past few days.
- Insomnia - No
- Joint pain - Yes, but somewhat improved
- Limp, lackluster hair - Yes
- Muscle pain - Yes, but improving
- Nausea - No
- Swollen fingers - Yes - Having trouble getting my rings off
WHAT I AM EATING
I normally eat like this:
135g fat (78%)
Yesterday, I ate like this:
137g fat (63%)
I had a shake for breakfast that was comprised of coconut milk, water, non-dairy protein powder, ground flax seed, raw greens, frozen berries and a few drops of Stevia. I also had 2 tsp. of cod liver oil in the breakfast shake.
I had the same thing for lunch and dinner: Skinless chicken breast with olive oil and sea salt, coleslaw made with cabbage, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, lime juice, raw garlic, onion powder and Stevia, and canned pumpkin with cinnamon, nutmeg and Stevia.
I ate breakfast at 6:30 am, lunch at 12 pm and dinner at 7 pm.
I drank 72 oz. of water, but never within an hour before eating or an hour after eating, in order to not dilute my stomach acid.
TOO MUCH PROTEIN AND CARBS?
When I started this last week, I said that if my blood sugar went up, I would stop. And, sure enough, my blood sugar is sneaking up again and I am slowly gaining weight, and I know it is because of the extra protein and carbs I have been eating. I am still interested in seeing if I have food intolerances, so I am going to continue with the plan making a few modifications instead of stopping the plan outright. I figured it was worth a try to see if I could take the higher protein and carbs, but I guess my question has been answered. Oh, well...
I will do the plan except for limiting my protein and carbs to my previous amounts. I may take out the flax altogether. Not sure about that one. Limiting my protein and carbs should bring my blood glucose back down again.
If you are interested in getting a short synopsis of how this plan works, you can listen to Jimmy Moore interviewing JJ Virgin by clicking here.