- Acne - No
- Chronic mucus/stuffy nose -No
- Constipation and/or diarrhea - Yes, in response to coconut milk
- Fatigue -Yes, in the middle of the day, because I had to get up for work at 4 am
- Food cravings - No
- Gas and bloating - Yes, due to coconut milk
- Headaches - No
- High blood glucose - No
- Inability to lose weight - No - Starting weight 147.8 - Current weight 143.4 - Goal weight 136 - To get back to goal, need to lose 7.4 more pounds. Can button "measurement shorts" with a slight "muffin top". Lost 1 pound yesterday for a total of 4.4 pounds in 24 days.
- Insomnia - Yes - Woke up in the middle of the night and had a hard time getting back to sleep
- Joint pain - No
- Thinning, limp, lackluster hair -No
- Muscle pain -Yes, because I went for miles-long walks two days in a row and hurt my calf
- Nausea -Yes, due to coconut milk
- Swollen fingers - No
Yesterday, I ate this:
117g fat (74%)
For breakfast yesterday at 5 am, I decided to have some coconut milk with cocoa, cinnamon and Stevia. I had not taken more than two sips and I started feeling really sick to my stomach. I spent the next couple of hours belching a lot (this is unusual for me) and then had diarrhea.
I have had coconut milk in the past and did not remember ever having this happen before. Then, I thought about it... When I first started The Virgin Diet, I saw that the shakes were giving me really bad diarrhea. I blamed the protein mix and stopped having the shakes. Now I am wondering if it was the 1/2 cup of coconut milk that I was having as part of the shake. I might have a little bit of shake some time today and see if it upsets my stomach. It's not that I want to go back to shakes, but I would like to see if I should be avoiding coconut milk.
For lunch yesterday, I ate three eggs again. I did have a little insomnia last night, but I think it was due to the "warm flushes" I have been having lately. I will have eggs again today, and then not have them for the next three days after that, and track any symptoms that I might have.
If you are interested in getting a short synopsis of how this plan works, you can click on the link at the beginning of this post or you can listen to Jimmy Moore interviewing JJ Virgin by clicking here.