- Acne - Yes
- Chronic mucus/stuffy nose - Yes, but improving
- Constipation and/or diarrhea - Yes, the latter, even sometimes right after eating or drinking water
- Fatigue - Yes, especially in the afternoon
- Food cravings - No
- Gas and bloating - No
- Headaches - No
- High blood glucose - A little bit - This morning was 91 before eating
- Inability to lose weight - No - Did not weigh this morning, but lost 2.2 pounds in the first 4 days - Starting weight 147.8 - Current weight 145.6? - Goal weight 136 - To get back to goal, need to lose 9.6 more pounds. Can still button "measurement shorts" with a slight "muffin top".
- Insomnia - No
- Joint pain - Yes, but somewhat improved
- Limp, lackluster hair - Yes
- Muscle pain - Yes, but improving
- Nausea - Yes, sometimes after eating or drinking water
WHAT I AM EATING
I normally eat like this:
135g fat (78%)
Yesterday, I did not track my food, because a special dinner was made by a family member. It was low carb, and did not contain any of the seven FI foods, but I could not measure or weigh anything.
Last night, I dreamed that I ate a piece of homemade whole wheat bread and fat bombs made with butter. In the dream, I was very upset because I knew that it meant that I would have to start all over. Even when I woke up, it took me a few seconds to convince myself that it was only a dream and didn't count!
I had shakes for breakfast and lunch that were comprised of coconut milk, water, non-dairy protein powder, ground flax seed, raw greens, frozen berries and a few drops of Stevia. I also had 2 tsp. of cod liver oil in the breakfast shake.
For dinner, I had a stuffed green pepper and a green salad with my homemade salad dressing: Olive oil, coconut oil, garlic powder, Stevia, lemon juice and avocado.
I ate breakfast at 7:30 am, lunch at 12:30 pm and dinner at 7 pm. It was rather stressful after dinner, and even though no one else was snacking, I found myself eating probably 2 ounces of almonds, and I ate most of them within the three hours before bedtime that I am not supposed to eat. I think that is why my blood glucose was slightly elevated this morning. I think that, from now on, if I have any almonds, I will limit it to 1/2 ounce and only have them as part of a meal.
I drank 72 oz. of water, but never within an hour before eating or an hour after eating, in order to not dilute my stomach acid.
Because I am here without my own bathroom scale, I will have to wait until Wednesday morning to weigh in. I will be traveling on Tuesday morning, after breakfast, and I don't like to weigh unless it is first thing in the morning before eating. Until then, I am using my "measurement shorts" to track my progress while I am here.
If you are interested in getting a short synopsis of how this plan works, you can listen to Jimmy Moore interviewing JJ Virgin by clicking here.