Thursday, June 13, 2013

THE (MODIFIED) VIRGIN DIET - DAY 16

Yesterday, I completed Day 16 of my modified version of The Virgin Diet. 

MY SYMPTOMS
  • Acne - Yes - One new zit
  • Chronic mucus/stuffy nose - No
  • Constipation and/or diarrhea - No, not since stopping the shakes
  • Fatigue - Yes - In the afternoons on the days I work
  • Food cravings - No
  • Gas and bloating - No
  • Headaches - No
  • High blood glucose - No
  • Inability to lose weight - No - Starting weight 147.8 - Current weight 143.8 - Goal weight 136 - To get back to goal, need to lose 7.8 more pounds.  Can button "measurement shorts" with a slight "muffin top".  Lost 1 pound yesterday for a total of 4 pounds in 15 days.
  • Insomnia - Yes - Did not sleep at all last night.  Literally was watching the clock all night
  • Joint pain - Yes - Slight
  • Thinning, limp, lackluster hair - Yes
  • Muscle pain  - No
  • Nausea - No
  • Swollen fingers - No

MY MENU

Yesterday, I ate this:

136g fat (78%)
56g protein
28g carbs

I ate breakfast at 9:00 am.  I had a cup of my homemade beef bone broth with sea salt and gelatin.

I ate lunch at 12:00 pm.  I had some beef hash made with slow-cooked beef shank, coconut oil, carrots, onions, sea salt and garlic powder, and my special Sunrise Cocktail made of olive oil, MCT oil, cod liver oil, lemon juice and Stevia.

I had a snack at 4:00 pm.  I had a half container of fermented coconut milk (coconut yogurt).  Too sweet, and I won't buy it again.

I had dinner at 7:00 pm. I had a can of wild caught sardines in olive oil and lemon with some of my homemade mayo, and sauteed kale and garlic in coconut oil with sea salt.

I drank 72 oz. of water, but never within an hour before eating or an hour after eating, in order to not dilute my stomach acid.


MY EXERCISE

After not doing any exercising or even walking for the past several months, I have suddenly been getting the urge to go for walks.  Maybe it is because I am in nutritional ketosis again.  Maybe it is because I just moved and my new neighborhood is beautiful and I want to look at it.  Whatever the reason is, I'm happy to say I have been taking a 1-2 mile walk for the past few days, and really enjoying it and not feeling so much like a slug. 

I've even been thinking about started my weight lifting again.  I stopped that in early 2011 due to a torn rotator cuff.  The only reason I hesitate is because I am off my testosterone implant, and I know that it will be impossible to build any muscle if I am not producing any testosterone.  I'm thinking that I want to call my bioidentical hormone replacement doctor and see if I can get back on, and then I can start lifting again.  I need to work on my body composition.

I did some measurements the other day just to be able to check on my body fat, and it's not good - back up to 37.2% body fat.  So, even though I have less than 8 pounds to lose on the scale, I probably have twice that amount of body fat to lose and several pounds of muscle to put back on.


If you are interested in getting a short synopsis of how this plan works, you can click on the link at the beginning of this post or you can listen to Jimmy Moore interviewing JJ Virgin by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment