Sunday, July 24, 2011

THE LEPTIN RESET DIET - WEEK 2 RESULTS

I finished my second week of the Leptin Reset Diet.  I tracked my food five days this past week on Fitday.  Here are the averages of what I ate:




I take my full measurements every Sunday.  In the past week:

I gained a total of 4-1/2", which includes:
I gained 1/8" around my neck
I gained 1/8" around my bicep
I gained 1/4" around my bust
I gained 1/2" around my midriff
I gained 1" around my waist
I gained 5/8" around my navel
I gained 1/8" around my hips
I gained 1/2" around my thigh
I gained 1/8" around my calf

Since I started the Leptin Reset Diet 2 weeks ago, I have:

Gained 3.25" total, which includes:
Gained 0.125" around my neck
Gained 0.125" around my biceps
Gained 0.25" around my bust
Gained 0.25" around my midriff
Gained 0.375" around my waist
Gained 0.625" around my navel
Gained 0.375" around my hips
Gained 0.375" around my thighs
Gained 0.125" around my calves


In the past week, I have:

Gained 0.016 points onto my waist-to-height ratio
Gained 0.015 points onto my waist-to-hip ratio

Since I started the Leptin Reset Diet 2 weeks ago, I have: 

Gained 0.006 points onto my waist-to-height ratio
Gained 0.002 points onto my waist-to-hip ratio


In the past week, I have:

Gained 1.6 points onto my body fat percentage
Lost 1.6 points off my lean body mass percentage

Since I started the Leptin Reset Diet 2 weeks ago, I have: 

Gained 0.7 points onto my body fat percentage
Lost 0.7 points off my lean body mass percentage


In the past week, I have:

Gained 3.3 lbs. of body fat
Lost 0.5 lbs. of lean mass
Gained 2.8 lbs. on the scale

Since I started the Leptin Reset Diet 2 weeks ago, I have: 

Gained 1.4  lbs. of body fat
Lost 0.4 lbs. of lean mass
Lost 1.8 lbs. on the scale


Weeks completed: 2
Weeks to go: 6

**********

Obviously, I am not happy with these results, especially since the other people who are doing it are losing and I am gaining.  Of course, I am trying to figure it all out and see if there is something I am doing wrong.

First of all, I went into this knowing that I might not lose weight right away, but I really did not expect to gain this much.  

One of the things I read is this:  If a person is leptin sensitive, that person will have a normal appetite, regulated by his/her energy needs, but even if they eat more than they "need" one day, the body will deal with the extra food to burn it off without storing it as fat and gaining weight.  But if a person is leptin resistant, that person will not have a normal appetite, and they will constantly be driven to eat more than they need, and the body will deal with the extra food by storing it as fat and gaining weight.

So where does that leave me?  In the past several days, I have noticed that my appetite is decreasing, and I'm not thinking about food in between meals.  But I am still eating an average of 2041 calories per day, which must just be plain too much food for my small, female self.
So here is what I am going to do in this next week:  I'm going to drop my breakfast protein grams down to 40 - the first week it was 50 and the second week it was 45.  I will pay attention to make sure that I do not start feeling hungry again in between meals and after dinner just eating 40 grams of protein.

The other thing is that I will cut down fat around 25 grams and protein down just a couple of grams, so my day will look more like this:

1800 calories
140g fat (70%)
110g protein
25g total carbs

I'm not happy about this, because it means more tracking, and not just eating what feels right.  For me, just eating what feels right is too much food.  My appetite is still too big for my size.  I guess I'll find out when I weigh in next week if this has been helpful or not.

Related post:

No comments:

Post a Comment