Saturday, January 30, 2016

DAY 30 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE

January 11, 2016

Today is Day 30.

Weight goal - 148.2 or lower
Actual weight - 144

Blood glucose goal - 89 or lower
Actual blood glucose - 91

Today is a Fast Day.



For me, that means that all I will have today is water, coffee, tea, or broth, all without caloric sweeteners or fat.  Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my chart and post it here on the big blog. I'm posting it to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.

Yesterday, I had no appetite and was finding it hard to eat.  I had a Bullet Proof Coffee for breakfast, and was not hungry again until dinner time.  In late afternoon, I did scramble up a couple of eggs with butter and cheese, just because I felt like I should eat something.  But in the evening, after a dinner of one and a half Jimmy John's Unwiches (which contained only 11g of carbs), I was still hungry.  We had bought peanut butter to use for the squirrel feeder, and I put around 9 grams of carbs worth on some celery and ate it after dinner.

All in all, not a bad day for carb consumption, and I did not overeat protein, so I do not know why my blood glucose went up.  A reading of 91 is still considered very good as far as diabetes goes, but I set my rules and I'm going to stick to them.

I find it interesting that my day-after-fasting weight of 144 did not bounce back up a little bit after eating yesterday.  But I'll take it!

Truth be told, I was considering fasting today anyway, because I am going to a family get together tomorrow, and I know I will be eating off plan, which I allow for special events.  When I know that there is a special event the next day, I think it is a good idea to get a jump on it by fasting the day before.  With a reading of 91, I now no longer have to make that decision, so it's all good! I'm going to try to eat semi-responsibly tomorrow, but I expect that I will have a small piece of cake.  I fully expect that I will be fasting again the day after the party, due to weight gain and blood glucose.

29 DAYS DOWN AND  62 DAYS TO GO

23 FEAST DAYS AND 7 FAST DAYS - FASTING 23% OF THE DAYS

10 POUNDS GONE AND 8 POUNDS TO GO 

56% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER 33% OF THE DAYS

AVERAGE WEIGHT SO FAR - 148.7     AVERAGE BLOOD GLUCOSE SO FAR - 88

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The orange lines are my goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I actually have to fast to achieve the results I am after.



This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment