Friday, January 22, 2016

DAY 22 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE


Christmas Eve 2015

Today is Day 22.

Weight goal - 148.8 or lower
Actual weight - 146.8

Blood glucose goal - 89 or lower
Actual blood glucose - 77

Today is a Feast Day!




For me, that means a ketogenic diet - high fat, moderate protein and very low carb. Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my chart and post it here on the big blog. I'm posting it to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.

I have been making an effort to eat more on my feast days so that my metabolism does not get any slower.  Yesterday, however, was a low food day, but not purposely.  I was busy working and ended up having only BPC for breakfast and eggs for lunch.  I stopped at the store on the way home to buy the ingredients for a wonderful dinner, and a few minutes after I got home, my husband, Bill, vomited and we called off the dinner.  So I ended up only having a fat fast meal for dinner, because I did not want to fix a meal just for myself.

So, inadvertently, I ended up losing weight and I hit a new low for the challenge.

21 DAYS DOWN.  70 DAYS TO GO.

18 FEAST DAYS AND 4 FAST DAYS.

7.2 POUNDS GONE.  10.8 POUNDS TO GO.  

40% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER ONLY 24% OF THE DAYS! 

AVERAGE WEIGHT SO FAR - 149.5     AVERAGE BLOOD GLUCOSE SO FAR - 87

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The orange lines are my goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I actually have to fast to achieve the results I am after.





This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment