This is a great recipe that satisfies my yearning for potato chips!
Roasted Kale "Chips"
6 oz. raw kale, torn into bite size pieces and stems removed
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. dried marjoram
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Wash kale pieces and dry well - a salad spinner works well for this.
3. In a very large bowl, combine olive oil, spices and salt, and mix well. I use my hands.
4. Add the kale to the oil mixture and mix well until the kale is evenly coated.
5. Spread the kale in a single layer on a baking sheet.
6. Place the kale in the oven, and roast for 6 minutes.
7. Using your bare fingers, press down lightly on the kale, and if it feels limp, roast for another minute or so, until the kale feels slightly crispy and paper-like. Be very careful not to roast too long, because once it's done, it will start to turn brown and burn very quickly!
Nutritional Information per Serving:
14.2 grams fat
2.9 grams protein
8.9 grams carbs
1.9 grams dietary fiber
7g net carbs