Friday, July 15, 2016

THE 2016 CHALLENGE - WEEK 28 RESULTS

Rebecca on July 10, 2016


Today is the end of Week 28.


In the past week I have:
Lost 0.8 pounds
Lost 0" around my neck
Lost 1/4" around my waist
Lost 1/8" around my hips
Body fat from 31.7% to 31.2%
Lean mass from 68.3% to 68.8%
Feasted 4 days and fasted 3 days
Lifted weights 1 time
Did treadmill HIIT 1 time
Walked 1 mile 2 times

Since January 1, 2016, I have:

Lost 19 pounds
Lost 5/8" around my neck
Lost  3 3/4" around my waist
Lost 3 1/4" around my hips
Body fat from 39% to 31.2%
Lean mass from 61% to 68.8%
Feasted 125 days and fasted 71 days
Lifted weights 12 times
Did treadmill HIIT 16 times
Walked 3 miles 8 times
Walked 1 mile 4 times


THE RULES OF THIS CHALLENGE

Each day, I lower my goal weight by 0.2 pounds until I reach my goal of 130 pounds.

I weigh in each morning on the bathroom scale.  If my weight is at or below my goal for the day, I feast.  For me, that means a ketogenic diet - high fat, sufficient protein and very low carb.  If my weight is above my goal for the day, I fast.  For me, that means that all I will have that day is water, coffee, or tea, all without caloric sweeteners or fat.  

I'm posting every week to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.


HOW IT WENT THIS PAST WEEK

It was a bouncy week.  I did well until my grandkids came for a visit and I needed to have a restaurant meal. Oh, well.

THE BIG DOCTOR VISIT

Bill and I leave tomorrow to see Dr. Jeffry Gerber near Denver Colorado.  Starting today, I have to take a week off my challenge to eat higher carb so that I can be assessed for diabetes.  This should be fun.  Not.


MY CHARTS

I made a few charts to track my progress.  On the first two charts, the grey line is my long term goal. The blue line is my actual weight.  I am showing two charts so I can see my progress since the beginning of the year, and also to get a close-up from the time I started again after my husband's heart attack in May 2016.

The third chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after. Click on any chart to enlarge it.



Below is my chart for the Body By Science "Big Five".  It shows the exercises I am doing, along with the weight, reps and TUL, which stands for Time Under Load.




This is my chart for treadmill HIIT, which shows that I am now up to 7.3 mph during the running portion.  I am going to keep pushing that up by 0.1 mph each time to see how fast I can go.  I will stop increasing the speed when I go flying off the treadmill!




This is my chart for walking:



There are three weeks remaining for this new challenge.  If I achieve my goal of 130 pounds with 25% body fat, I'm not sure where I will go from there.


This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading, and don't forget to check out my closed Facebook group, where a growing group of individuals are using my Fasting Protocol to lose weight, lower blood glucose and raise insulin sensitivity.



No comments:

Post a Comment