Wednesday, February 25, 2009

FEBRUARY 25, 2009 - THUNDER THIGHS

I have always had large thighs. When I was a little girl, they were starting to be visible, if you knew what you were looking for. By the time I hit my teens, I was convinced that I was fat because of the way my body was shaped, even though I was a normal weight.

I now know that we are genetically predisposed to store fat in certain parts of our bodies. I store fat in my thighs, and no amount of dieting or exercise will change that. I might store less fat there as time goes on, but I will always be somewhat disproportionate in that way.

One time, after my children were born, I starved myself down to 113 pounds. And I still had thunder thighs!

Finally, at the age of 53, I have made my peace with my thighs, and I know that as I get closer to my goal weight, I’ll look better, but not perfect, and that’s okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment