Monday, June 29, 2009

JUNE 29, 2009 - MILESTONE! NORMAL WEIGHT!

I just got off the scale:

I weigh 140.8! My high weight was 158 at the end of February 2009, so my BMI was 27.99, which is more than halfway through overweight, between normal weight and obese.

My new BMI is 24.94 - NORMAL! I can't describe how this makes me feel! Okay, I can:

I can look at myself (naked) in the mirror and not cringe! I am ME again! It's MY face and MY body I now see, and not that of my obese younger sister, who had somehow been sneaking into my reflection lately!

My clothes are too big! I can pull my waistband away from my waist in all my slacks, shorts and skirts! In the past few years, I have had to buy large size blouses and shirts, because I was so top heavy, the buttons would pull apart or the fabric would pull across my bust. Now, my blouses are hanging off of me and looking like they are a size too big!

When I get to 140 pounds (less than a pound more to lose), I'm going to post a new before and after photo! That will be a big milestone for me!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the people on this Forum who encouraged and counseled me through seven long weeks of not losing any weight!

Thanks to Colette for giving me advice on how to start losing, and then giving me permission to talk about it!

And thanks to Dr. Atkins, for not giving up in the face of persecution!

It's a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment