Sunday, August 11, 2013

NUTRITIONAL KETOSIS - MONTH 13 RESULTS

On July 9, 2012, I started eating in such a way as to be fueled by Nutritional Ketosis.  If you are new here and do not know what that means, look at the link at the bottom of this post to read more about it in detail.  The short version is this:  I am eating very high fat, moderate protein and very low carb.

The large blank in my charts between November 2012 and May 2013 was from when I was not weighing and measuring, and you can see that I had significant gains during that time.

The darker lines are my actual numbers, taken each Sunday morning before eating and the lighter lines are the average of the prior eight weeks, so I can see the trend without all the bouncing around.



With the initial losses and the subsequent gains, since starting Nutritional Ketosis in July 2012, I have:

Lost 5.6 pounds on the scale
Lost 3.3 pounds of body fat
Lost 2.3 pounds of lean body mass

Lost 1/4" around my neck
Lost 1" around my waist
Lost 1/4" around each of my thighs
Gained 1/8" around each of my calves

Lost 0.9 percentage points off my body fat
Gained 0.9 percentage points into my lean body mass

These charts show the average of the macro nutrient breakdown for the days that I tracked in this past month. (Click on any chart to enlarge it.)




I'm still doing a little bit of blood testing for ketones and glucose.  Here are those charts:



Here is my "body goal":

136 pounds scale weight
40.9 pounds body fat (30%)
95.1 pounds lean mass (70%)
11-3/4" neck
28-3/8" waist
38-1/2" hips

To get there, I need to lose 9.6 pounds of body fat, gain 3.8 pounds of lean mass and lose 1/8" around my neck, 2-7/8" around my waist and 1-3/4" around my hips.

Starting on July 21, 2013, I started eating Zero Carb.  To read more about that, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment