Friday, July 19, 2013

THE SMARTER SCIENCE OF SLIM - JONATHAN BAILOR

A couple of weeks ago, I read the info on the internet about the new book "The Smarter Science of Slim" by Jonathan Bailor.  The research he has done is significant and compelling.  However, after trying to eat as many vegetables as he recommends (10 servings per day), I gained 8 pounds in 6 days and all of my body measurements went up and so did my body fat percentage.  Not to mention the fact that my normal after-eating blood glucose went up from an average of 86 to 116, which I think is problematic.

So, for now, at least, I am going to give this plan a pass.  Jonathan does say that if there are people who are very carb-intolerant, they may have to try doing the plan low carb, but still with all the vegetables.

Although it did not work for me, I still recommend the book to people who can tolerate 75-100 grams of carbs daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment